Thursday, January 15, 2009

His Eye Is On The Sparrow.

Well,

This is my first Blog on this website, I do have other posts on my Myspace, but seeming as I am using Myspace less and less these days I decided to utilise this website.

-About the name-

I decided to name my blog "Sparrow" after my favourite hymn "His Eye Is On The Sparrow". I first heard this hymn on the now classic film "Sister Act 2" whilst the film may hold little interest to those of you who appreciate more artistic, stylistic films there is one moment in this film that will stay with me forever. The scene where Lauryn Hill and Tanya Blount are sitting at the piano practising their song for church, which just happens to be "His Eye Is On The Sparrow". Their rendition of this song has become very famous since and is acredited for properly show casing for the first time Lauryn Hill's vocal ability, who had previously favoured reggae, rap type of music.

-ANYWHOO-

This hymn means so much to me, the lyrics "His eye is on the sparrow, so I know he watches me" can't help but resonate in my soul. The Lord feels sorrow for every sparrow that falls, so imagine how his heart breaks when I expreience pain. To know the creator of all things cares for me with such delicate detail is refeshing, empowering and inspring.

-SO...-

A blog is meant to be about youre daily experiences....really, the blogger can put what ever they like in their articles, so thats what I've done. My heart is for Jesus, I am his Sparrow, and I know he watches me. Basically thats why I've decided to name my blog "Sparrow".

Vanaka (Thankyou)

No comments:

Post a Comment